[openib-general] Fork issues with simple MPI program

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Feb 20 12:58:03 PST 2007

 > If you can send me the details (since you implemented it) I will add
 > it to the Wiki

An application that wants fork() to work with libibverbs should
either call ibv_fork_init() before doing anything else with
libibverbs, or else a user can set the IBV_FORK_SAFE or
RDMAV_FORK_SAFE environment variable to get the same effect.  There is
some overhead to making fork() work so it is not enabled by default.
This is described in the ibv_fork_init manpage in the latest
libibverbs git tree.

 - R.