[openib-general] GetTable path record query not returningDGID=SGID paths

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Feb 21 15:05:58 PST 2007

>>We haven't looked into this in more detail yet.  This was our observation while
>>testing on a larger (64 node) cluster this morning that we don't have access to
>>at the moment.  With the local SA cache running, we were surprised to see any
>>retries, and when we looked into it more, retries were always for loopback
>>connections.

Our investigation showed a couple of things.  When we pulled our systems off
into a small cluster and ran opensm, things were fine.  The cache was working as
normal, and we did get loopback paths from opensm.

On our development cluster, the cache was never getting any path records.  It
would issue a GetTable query, and the SM would respond.  The response had a
status of 0 (success), but never returned any path records.  I believe that the
SM node is running OFED 1.1.1.

I don't have the ability to modify the kernel on the larger 64-node cluster that
we were testing on to see what is going on there.