[openib-general] ib0 interface up but can't ping

Bala cppbala at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 06:33:08 PST 2007

Hi All,
       we are trying to setup IB on HP c-class blade
system(x86_64) having 4X DDR IB Mezzanine HCA with
CentOS-4.

  1. Downloaded ofed-1.1
  2. build the RPMS and installed two machines
  3. set the IP in icfg-ib0 and rebooted
  4. can see the ib0 interface up on both the machines
  5. but can't ping the other machine using IB
interface

pls let me know what we are missing or what is
required
to ping the other machines using IB??

  also we have tried with RHEL-4 and ofed-1.1 after
installing the RPMS and rebooting the servers, we can
see the interface but can't set the IP it always
complains that other machines using the IP.

pls let us know how we can over come this error

thanks in advance,
-bala-