[openib-general] Port error rate detection

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Feb 27 13:47:43 PST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 03:53:36PM -0500, Steven Carter wrote:
> I have a Nagios module that alerts on connectivity, port errors,
> speed/width problems.  I would like to give it the ability to change the
> severity of the alert depending on whether errors are just present or if
> they are increasing faster than a specified rate.  The intent is to
> equip the module to keep the state of the last query and possibly
> history, but I wanted to make sure that I was not re-inventing the wheel
> first.  Is there an attribute or utility that I am overlooking that will
> help me do this?

One other thing you might want to take a look at is the Fountain/Goanna
node monitoring setup... It's not really anything like the proposed
performance manager, but it might get you want you need. (And we'd like
some feedback on what it should do differently ;)

http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/Projects/Monitor/