[openib-general] ib_gid_is_link_local

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jan 2 22:21:49 PST 2007

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi Eitan,
>
> I started to look at changes for IB routers and the following in
> ib_types.h doesn't look quite right to me:
>
> static inline boolean_t OSM_API
> ib_gid_is_link_local(
>         IN      const   ib_gid_t* const         p_gid )
> {
>         return( ib_gid_get_subnet_prefix( p_gid ) == IB_DEFAULT_SUBNET_PREFIX );
> }
>
> Shouldn't it be either the default subnet prefix or the one supplied in
> PortInfo:GidPrefix (which might not be the default one) ?

Hi Hal,

I think the function name means : "is the provided GID prefix the
NonRoutableSubnetPrefix.?"
Maybe it is used incorrectly as if it means "is the given GID is of the
local subnet?"
The header of the function say:
* DESCRIPTION
*    Returns TRUE if the unicast GID scoping indicates link local,
*    FALSE otherwise.

So it is really a matter of semantics clarity.I see no current
usage of the function so you are probably free to redefine it.

EZ