[openib-general] SVN deprecation

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Jan 4 03:20:43 PST 2007

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2007, at 6:22 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
>> OK, it makes sense, but before doing so, can you educate me what is
>> the procedure to see (ie the equivalent of svn ls) the structure of a
>> deleted SVN tree (ie subset of the repositor) and what is the
>> procedure to get/diff between revsions/etc those deleted sources?

> "svn help ls" and "svn help diff" both show that these commands take -r
> arguments.  For example, you can ask for the ls of a specific revision
> of the repository.

> See "svn help <foo>" and the SVN book for more information.

Considering myself as being located somewhere within the ~medium range
of the SVN users spectrum I truly think that my questions are not of
RTFM type.

So let me see i can do it pro actively:

assuming you have used the command

	$ svn delete some-sub-tree-of-a-repository

***and*** left a README at the ancestor directory of this subtree which
says that you have just deleted sub-trees xxx,yyy,zzz etc my work flow
to get a checkout of xxx would look like:

	$ svn co url/of/path/to/ancestor/directory
	$ cd /path/to/ancestor/directory
	$ read README, learn there was an xxx directory with content XXX

	$ svn ls xxx -R
or
	$ svn co -r HEAD xxx
then
	$ cd xxx

and that point i have a (non...) fresh checkout of xxx snapshoting the
time you have deleted it, which i can start doing over svn log/diff etc.

???

Or.