[openib-general] IB_CM_REJ_INVALID_SERVICE_ID

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jan 4 09:35:07 PST 2007

> ...I hadn't realised they had > 1 HCA.  We bind the listen ID to a
> specific IP address - could that have some bearing?  AFAICS from the
> customer's debug logs, they are listening on the correct HCA...

A listen bound to a specific address would be bound to a specific device.  If
the CM REQ comes in on a different device, there wouldn't be a match.  But even
if this were the case (which you suggest it's not), then doing a ping shouldn't
have any affect on whether a future CM REQ finds a match.

How are the IP addresses on the HCA ports configured?  Are the connections made
to IP addresses, or is name resolution used at all?