[openib-general] RFC fix for userspace rdma cm crashes

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jan 4 14:13:41 PST 2007

> Does this affect kernel rdma cm users too in some way?  If not, then
> perhaps the place to fix it is in userspace.

This doesn't affect the kernel rdma_cm.  The fix can either go into the rdma_ucm
(not rdma_cm), or librdmacm, either of which limit the impact to userspace
clients only.

Here's one issue with putting the fix in the librdmacm: there's no guarantee
that a multi-threaded client will process the event for a new connection before
the reject.  This makes me lean toward implementing the fix in the kernel, where
the events are serialized.