[openib-general] RFC fix for userspace rdma cm crashes

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jan 4 14:42:01 PST 2007

> I'm not as familiar with all the corner cases in IB-specific
> connection establishment, but if there is no user context
> is there really a need to forward the event to userspace
> as long as the reject is not forgotten?

In this specific case, probably not.  And that's our current work-around for
DAPL / Intel MPI, but mainly because it was easy to implement.  I just hesitate
to discard events, but if problem doesn't pertain to iWarp, and only occurs in a
very specific case for IB, the simple solution may be the best.