[openib-general] [query]maximum no. of connections per session in iser initiator

Erez Zilber erezz at voltaire.com
Sun Jan 7 00:48:17 PST 2007

keshetti mahesh wrote:
> Please CC me the responses to this mail ID
>
> thanks and regards,
> Mahesh.
>
> */keshetti mahesh <k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in>/* wrote:
>
>     hi all,
>
>     recently i had gone through the iser initiator code in OFED and
>     saw one thing, the maximum no. of connections allowed per session
>     is 8.

I guess that you're talking about this piece of code:

#define ISCSI_ISER_MAX_CONN 8
#define ISER_MAX_CQ_LEN ((ISER_QP_MAX_RECV_DTOS + \
ISER_QP_MAX_REQ_DTOS) * \
ISCSI_ISER_MAX_CONN)

It is related to the cq used by iSER. We use it in order to define the
max len of the cq (the same cq is used for the sq & rq). It means that
per HCA, 8 connections may be opened.

>     what is the constraint for this
>     limit.
>     And in the another iscsi transport i.e TCP this variable is only one.

Where do you see that in iscsi_tcp?