[openib-general] ioctl and send_agents

Michael Arndt michael.arndt at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Jan 7 16:29:42 PST 2007

Hallo,

I have two questions.

1. In the function osmv_transport_init (file : osm_vendor_mlx_ts.c) the
device is opened and an ioctl call is made. My question is which module is
used to support the open and ioctl calls? I think it should be the user_mad
module, but there is no ioctl defined there. And I just find unlocked_ioctl
= ib_umad_ioctl and compat_ioctl = ib_umad_ioctl in this module which I
think are used because they also register the agents. Is there some
transformation from ioctl to unlocked_ioctl or compat_ioctl?

2. Does the SM register send agents? If so where exactly is this done. If no
what send agent are used by the SM (ib_umad_write)?

Thanks Michael