[openib-general] ioctl and send_agents

Michael Arndt michael.arndt at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jan 8 03:28:19 PST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer.

> OpenSM registers agents in opensm/osm_sm_mad_ctrl.c:osm_sm_mad_ctrl_bind
> and opensm/osm_sa_mad_ctrl.c:osm_sa_mad_ctrl_bind. osm_sm_mad_ctrl_bind
> is called from osm_sm.c:osm_sm_bind and osm_sa_mad_ctrl_bind is called
> from osm_sa.c:osm_sa_bind. Both osm_sm_bind and osm_sa_bind are called
> from opensm/osm_opensm.c:osm_opensm_bind which is in turn called from
> main.c during OpenSM startup. That is the vendor independent part.
>
> The vendor dependant part is done in the vendor layer. For OpenIB, it is
> done in osm_vendor_ibumad.c:osm_vendor_bind.

I looked at the osm_vendor_bind and seen the umad_register call. But if I
checked the umad_register function (libibumad/src/umad.c) I just see an
ioctl call again. And if it right that the user_mad module is uses at kernel
space shouldn't there be a call like unlocked_ioctl or compat_ioctl like
defined in this module?

These agents are all receiver agents and you say nothing about send agents
for SM?

Thanks Michael