[openib-general] [RFC] userspace IB SA support

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Jan 9 09:54:30 PST 2007

> What about path query or any SA query from the user level ?

Yes, I'd like that too, but libibumad can provide this functionality - even if
the interface isn't ideal.  Duplicating the ib_sa kernel module functionality in
userspace could allow for a simpler interface however.

Trying to use the existing interfaces for multicast or notice registration,
however, is more problematic, which is why I was trying to focus on those areas
specifically.