[openib-general] ofed_1_2 / Chelsio Question

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jan 10 11:10:37 PST 2007

> Quoting Steve Wise <swise at opengridcomputing.com>:
> Subject: ofed_1_2 / Chelsio Question
>
> OFED team,
>
> Will the ofed_1_2 git tree ever pull in 2.6.21?  Or will a new ofed_1_3
> tree be created for 2.6.21 support?  I want to just commit the Chelsio
> drivers into ofed_1_2, but that might cause collision problems later.
> The chelsio drivers are going to be merged into kernel.org 2.6.21.  So
> if the ofed_1_2 repository will pull in 2.6.21 at some point then we
> might have collision problems.  But if ofed_1_2 is really just for
> 2.6.20, then I can commit directly and keep things simpler...

Linus indicated that he wants to release 2.6.20 after LCA.
So for now, it looks like 2.6.21-rc1 won't be out by the end
of January (OFED code freeze), and I don't think we should pull
an intermediate snapshot.

Worst case, if the core changes (besides maybe Makefile/Kconfig) are in a
separate patch, the rest of conflicts (adding new files basically) will be
easy for us to resolve.

--
MST