[openib-general] [query]maximum no. of connections per session in iser initiator

keshetti mahesh k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 11 03:40:20 PST 2007

the max_conn(maximum no. of connections allowed per session ?)  field in iscsi_transport structure is not initialised at all while registering with the iSCSI layer in the iSER initiator code.
Is that variable is initialised to any default value? (like iSCSI/TCP has max_conn in iscsi_transport initialised to 1)

what are the maximum no. of connections allowed per session in iSER initiator?

regards,
Mahesh

keshetti mahesh <k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in> wrote: >I guess that you're talking about this piece of code:

>#define ISCSI_ISER_MAX_CONN 8
>#define ISER_MAX_CQ_LEN ((ISER_QP_MAX_RECV_DTOS + \
>ISER_QP_MAX_REQ_DTOS) * \
>ISCSI_ISER_MAX_CONN)

 >It is related to the cq used by iSER. We use it in order to define the
>max len of the cq (the same cq is used for the sq & rq). It means that
>per HCA, 8 connections may be opened.

 Yes, I was talking about this part only.
 Isn't this variable is equivalent to the maximum no. of connections allowed per the session?
what is constraint for chosing this value as 8?

>Where do you see that in iscsi_tcp?

In the structure iscsi_transport there is a variable max_conn and it is set to 1
(In open-iscsi intiator  file name iscsi_tcp.c)

>     whether this limit is imposed by iSCSI or by transport layer(TCP
>     or iSER) ?

thanks and regards,
Mahesh
 Send free  SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php