[openib-general] ipoib ipv6 multicast joins, was: multicast code/merge status

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sat Jan 13 23:44:41 PST 2007

Sean Hefty wrote:
>> So, this looks like a work-around for some broken SM, does it not?
>
> Yes - I mentioned it because the resulting error message (wrong
> component mask) is what was filling up the opensm log file.
>
> Jan 11 14:21:36 083844 [40583BB0] -> osm_mcmr_rcv_join_mgrp: ERR 1B11:
> method =
> SubnAdmSet, scope_state = 0x1, component mask = 0x0000000000010083,
> expected com
> p mask = 0x00000000000130c7, MGID: 0xffffffffffff0000 :
> 0x2000001400020404 from
> port 0x0002c9010ad258f1
>
> I've applied a missing patch to my rdma-dev git tree that should avoid
> filling up the opensm log file.  But the error in the opensm log file is
> a result of this work-around.

Sean,

Can you explain how this relates to your multicast changes? the IPoIB
send-only-full-member-join hack was there before your patch and stayed
there after your patch... and how come a change in the multicast code
can cause the error steam to be finite... have you moved the retry
mechanism from the ib_sa consumer to the ib_sa mcast engine?

Or.