[openib-general] is openSM running on Solaris 10_x86

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Jan 15 13:55:40 PST 2007

Hi Alois,

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 16:05, Alois wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have to run a small infinband network with 2 Solaris machine back-to-back, without a switch, so we need a subnet manager.
>
> Has somebode already compiled openSM on Solaris 10_x86 ?

I'm unaware of this support but maybe it does exist.

OpenSM in Linux is pthreads based and already supports x86. I suspect it
wouldn't be too hard to have an S10 port. It largely involves porting
the vendor layer of OpenSM to the IB driver in Solaris (and whether (and
how) the ability to send and receive on QPs 0 and 1 are exposed to user
space).

-- Hal