[openib-general] abi_version file not created on SLES9SP3 or RHEL4U4

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Jan 19 10:48:01 PST 2007

>I'm testing the latest ofed_1_2 code on RHEL4U4 and SLES9SP3.  After
>in /sys/class/misc/rdma_cm.  There is no error logged from the ucma so I
>_think_ it created the file ok in ucma_init().
>
>Have you seen this?

I think the issue is that there's not a /sys/class/misc, but the kernels have
been patched enough to appear that things work.  Woody likely has more details
on this, as I know this is one of the areas that he has to modify as part of
creating his backport patches.

The librdmacm works around this by looking in /sys/class/infiniband_ucma as
well, and if that fails, just assumes the latest version of the ABI.  The
backport patches create the abi file under infiniband_ucma.