[openib-general] librdmacm and udapl: Which git branch to use in ofed_1_2 build

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Jan 22 11:05:36 PST 2007

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>>Where will you branch release 1.0 from? Since we agreed OFED will be based
>>on release 1.0 of librdmacm, this is what OFED shall take.
>
> Sean, could you answer this please?

This depends on the status of the multicast changes by feature freeze, and which
kernel OFED wants to ship.  Since multicast support has been requested, I would
like to get this in.  However, the kernel multicast changes are not in 2.6.20.
   What's OFED's stance on kernel patches on this?  This is different than the
local_sa, which is mostly self contained, since the multicast patches affect ipoib.

For now, current branch (rdma_ucm-abi3) that OFED is pulling is fine.

On a side note, I'm not sure that the release should be called 1.0.  When OFED
1.1 shipped the librdmacm, there was not a release number assigned, and my
understanding is that the distributors assigned one.  Can we clarify how we want
to deal with this?