[openib-general] [RFC/PATCH v2] rdma/cma: use the ipoib broadcast group qkey

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Jan 22 23:18:02 PST 2007

>Basically, I am positive to this, under the assumption that it will be
>possible for --non-- root user space application to create
>RDMA_PS_IPOIB IDs and use them as i would have been doing with
>RDMA_PS_UDP IDs.

After more consideration, I think this is the correct approach.  I've already
started working on a patch for this that I should have done but by the end of
the week (hopefully tomorrow).

I'm not overly concerned with immediately implementing how the ipoib port space
would be restricted, just as long as it can be added before merging the code
upstream.

>1753         sin = (struct sockaddr_in *) &id_priv->id.route.addr.src_addr;
>1754         snum = ntohs(sin->sin_port);
>1755         if (snum < PROT_SOCK && !capable(CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE))
>1756                 return -EACCES;
>
>what would be the equivalent check for RDMA_PS_IPOIB? and would this
>check be done only on rdma_create_id time?

This checks prevents applications from trying to use port numbers below 1024
without unless they possess the net bind service capability.  A similar check
could just be:

if (ps == RDMA_PS_IPOIB && !capable(CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE))
	return -EACCES;