[openib-general] Add bonding suuport to OFED

Moni Shoua monis at voltaire.com
Tue Jan 23 09:08:58 PST 2007

Originally, bonding is a High Availability solution for Ethernet network interfaces.
It is a module that implements a virtual network device (not bounded to
hardware) and enslaves "real" devices. Bonding device  controls its slaves according
to the bonding policy and the slave's health.

I am adding a bonding device which is good for IPoIB interfaces. Feel free to install it
send comments.

You just have to build  source RPM, rebuild it and install the binary.

For now, I have tested the module under RH4-UP3 and SLES10 with OFED-1.1.

HOW TO BUILD THE SOURCE RPM
===========================
git clone git://staging.openfabrics.org/~monis/ofed-bond-pkg.git mydir
cd mydir/
./build_rpm.sh
./build_rpm.sh  OR  ./build_rpm.sh --git-url

After installing the binary RPM read the instructions in
/usr/local/ofed/docs/ib-bonding.txt

Note: Using ib-bonding requires applying a patch for IPoIB and replacing
ib_ipoib.ko. Please find the patch in the following message.
Please also note that the patch should be applied after
ipoib_8111_to_2_6_16.patch.

 - MoniS