[openib-general] regression in ofed 1.2

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Jan 31 08:31:57 PST 2007

Sean,

I think librdmacm commit 1fd83b0bbbfc7fadba45390b98d5f9c944b42bdc broke
iwarp usermode.  I'm debugging now, but basically the change in
rdma_create_qp() to call into the kernel to setup the qp init attributes
doesn't work for iwarp because the iwcm hasn't been created at this
point.  So we fall off a NULL ptr in iw_cm_init_qp_attr().  I'm working
up a fix for this because I think the iw_cm_id _should_ be created at
the time the addr and/or route is resolved.  But it isn't create until
rdma_connect() is issued.  Stay tuned.

Bug 335 opened to track this.

----

commit 1fd83b0bbbfc7fadba45390b98d5f9c944b42bdc
Author: Sean Hefty <sean.hefty at intel.com>
Date:   Fri Jan 26 10:21:17 2007 -0800

    Allow unicast traffic over IPOIB port space.

    Adjust the RMDA_PS_IPOIB to allow unicast traffic.  This requires
    changing how QPs are initialized in order to get the correct qkey
    to use.  We need to call into the kernel to get the initial QP
    attributes.

    Update the udaddy unicast test program to test this capability.