[openib-general] new IB CM reject reason

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Jan 31 15:53:56 PST 2007

>So would that would mean that only an InfiniBand specific wire-protocol
>code was needed, and that no API enhancement was required?

Yes - I'm talking about the IB CM wire-protocol specifically.  Actual
implementation changes would likewise be limited to the ib_cm.

>Trying to describe failures in a transport neutral fashion
>is a real pain.

The rdma_cm exports the underlying transport reject code as a status value that
is left up to the user to interpret.  The event code is transport neutral, and
likely all that most users care about, but the transport specific code is useful
for debugging.