[ofa-general] Re: IPoIB-CM UC mode

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Jul 2 07:53:28 PDT 2007

> Quoting Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz at voltaire.com>:
> Subject: IPoIB-CM UC mode
>
> Dror,
>
> can you please clarify
>
> A) if the IBTA change to allow attaching SRQ to UC QPs is done?
> B) when it would be possible for you guys to support SRQ/UC in the FW?
>
> Michael,
>
> If Dror says yes on both... what would it take to implement IPoIB-CM/UC?

Given hardware support, just using UC is easy.  The largest bit of work would be
to add connection liveness detection code to active side.
Hopefully not too bad either.

> Is there any --other-- part of the stack (eg mthca,cm) that needs to be
> enhanced for that?

Not a whole lot.
We need an API to detect this feature support in HW.  There could be a bit of
work in mthca to detect HW/FW support for this feature, and enable connecting UC
QPs to SRQ.  There could be a bit of debugging work in CM in case we hit some
bugs with LAP messages (which I plan to use for liveness detection).

--
MST