[ofa-general] Re: InfiniBand card (mthca) in Linux

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Mon Jul 9 09:53:23 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 08:55:07AM -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> So it seems there is a problem with the normal Xen PCI mapping API
> then.  It would be better to avoid bounce buffers for this if
> possible, because as I said that would double the memory consumption
> and potentially exhaust your swiotlb space (because this hardware
> context memory is not used for "in-flight" IOs, it is essentially
> given to the hardware permanently).
>
> Also, could you please CC me on any threads with the Xen developers?
> It's kind of annoying to only get half of the story about what's going
> on with debugging this.

Sorry for that. The beginning of the thread is archived here:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-07/msg00209.html
Although, the last two posts are missing. If you like to get bounced whole
thread, I can do it.

Right now, I have problem in :ib_mthca:mthca_arbel_write_mtt_seg

where dma_sync_single is called and swiotlb does not have corresponding
mapping.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek