[ofa-general] RE: OFA website edits

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Jul 11 16:12:07 PDT 2007

 > Can we all agree on this process for download locations of
 > packages/libraries and the mechanism to pickup changes? If so, Jeff will
 > go ahead and update the download web page to pick up the links and
 > descriptions automatically.

What's the process we're agreeing to exactly?  I couldn't figure it
out from the email thread you quoted.

I like the current style of just being able to have a simple link like

    http://openfabrics.org/downloads/libibverbs-1.1.1.tar.gz

Is the proposal to change that?

Putting people's login names into the download URL seems like a step
backwards, as we've seen just recently with maintainer changes now
that Bryan and Hal have moved on -- breaking everyone's links just
because of someone changing jobs seems silly.  (And these URLs do get
embedded in RPMs etc. so it's worth having a canonical location for
each library)

 - R.