[ofa-general] Further 2.6.23 merge plans...

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Jul 17 22:39:11 PDT 2007

 > IMHO, I still think that without some kind of SM/SA sourced
 > invalidation mechanism all client side caching (including the ipoib
 > stuff we have now) is a bad idea.

But for IPoIB at least doing a path lookup for every packet is
obviously not feasible.  And ARP table aging gives a way to recover
from stale cached data, eventually at least.

In fact this may be a good argument in favor of local SA caching -- by
analogy with IPoIB it makes sense to avoid going to the SA too often.