[ofa-general] IEEE Hot Interconnect 2007: Registration Now Open

Weikuan Yu weikuan.yu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:01:10 PDT 2007

**** Conference Dates: August 22-24, 2007,  *********

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION:  HOT Interconnect 2007 -- Registration Now Open

15th Annual IEEE Symposium on High-Performance Interconnects August
22nd-24th, 2007, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California William R.
Hewlett Teaching Center

http://www.hoti.org/

We cordially invite you to attend the 15th Annual IEEE Symposium on
High-Performance Interconnects. IEEE Hot Interconnects brings together
architects and designers of high performance chips, software, and
systems at the University and global business levels. Presentations
focus on up-to-the-minute developments demonstrating leading-edge
designs by engineers and researchers throughout the world.

Two days of technical sessions led by John Lockwood and Fabrizio
Petrini, our 2007 General Co-Chairs followed by one day of tutorials to
keep you on top of the latest industry developments and academic
laboratories. Our objective is to address the Networking and
SuperComputing families. This year we are proud to have Ron Brightwell
with Sandia National Laboratories and Dhabaleswar Panda from Ohio State
University as our 2007 IEEE Hot Interconnects Program Co-Chairs. They
are putting together a combined 'HOT' program that includes
interconnects in Supercomputing.

Highlights include:
-------------------
   * Keynote talks:
     o Alex Dickinson, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Luxtera
       "CMOS Photonics - Bringing Moore's Law to Optical Interconnect"

     o Dr. Tryggve Fossum, Intel Fellow and Director of Microarchitecture
Development
       "On-Die Interconnect and Other Challenges for Chip-Level
Multi-Processing"

   * Panel: Multi-Multicore Interconnect: Scale-Up or Melt-Down?
     Panelists:
       -- Charlie Janac, President and CEO, Arteris
       -- Arun Sharma, Performance Engineering, Google
       -- Manu Thapar, Vice President, Platform Engineering, Yahoo
       -- Drew Wingard, CTO, Sonics
     Moderator: Dan Pitt, Director, Vquence Pty. Ltd.

   * Tutorials
     o NetFPGA (Full day)
       Nick McKeown and John Lockwood, Stanford University

     o Introduction to Programming High Performance Applications on the CELL
Broadband Engine (Half-day)
       Dr. Jakub Kurzak and Dr. Alfredo Buttari
       Innovative Computing Laboratory, University of Tennessee at Knoxville

     o Design of Interconnection Networks (Half-day)
       John Kim, Stanford Univeristy and Dennis Abts, Cray

   * Technical Program
     o A strong, single-track program featuring 16 research papers on
cutting-edge interconnect technologies

Full details are on the conference Web site:
http://www.hoti.org/hoti15/program/

Important dates:
  * Registration NOW open, please take advantage of advanced registration.
    (http://www.hoti.org/hoti15/2007reg/)

  * Advanced Registration Deadline:  Midnight Aug 15th, 2007

  * Attendees make their own choices of Hotel. For further info:
    (http://www.hoti.org/hoti15/attendee/)

  * Main Symposium: August 22-23, 2007

  * Panel: 7pm-8pm, August 22nd , 2007

  * Tutorials: August 24th, 2007