[ofa-general] Merge window for 2.6.23 closed

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Sun Jul 22 20:48:39 PDT 2007

Linus has released 2.6.23-rc1, and so the merge window for new
features has closed.  Of course fixes are always accepted at any time,
and it definitely makes sense to submit new features early -- I will
happily queue things up for 2.6.24 as soon as they are ready.

Several things missed the merge window:

 - Sean's local SA changes.  I guess I scared everyone into going
   slow, so I didn't have to make a hard choice here.  However let's
   try to keep the discussion going so that we can finish this for
   2.6.24.

 - IPoIB CM without SRQ.  Pradeep, I'm sorry this missed the window
   but the patch quality really doesn't look up to par to me, and
   your being in a rush to get this merged I think has actually slowed
   things up.  I think the basic idea is OK, but I have doubts about
   a static array as a data structure, and MST's comments about not
   dealing with remote implementations that send packets on passive
   connections looks quite serious as well.  I would like to close
   this for 2.6.24 so (as above) please let's keep working this and
   not wait for the 2.6.24 merge window.

 - MST's "MSI-X by default" patches.  The idea seems fine but I found
   a few minor issues and just ran out of time to review it.  My fault--
   sorry.

And now I'm going on vacation for a week, so talk amongst yourselves...

 - Roland