[ofa-general] Re: opensm: a bug in heavy sweep? - no LFT re-configuration

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Jul 23 17:51:53 PDT 2007

Hi Eitan,

On 20:59 Mon 23 Jul     , Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Hi Sasha, Hal,
>
> I think I have an idea:
>
> Since this is a specific switch that reported ChangeBit or Trap why
> can't we just qualify that there was no change in the switch setup?

The ChangeBit seems to be good start point - then OpenSM will query all
switch ports PortInfo anyway and if for all ports PortState is <= INIT
(and at least for one port it is = INIT), it means that this switch was
rebooted/reinitialized.

And for single port PortState drop to = INIT should indicate
reinitialization.

Seems correct?

> We could send PortInfo, SwitchInfo,

SwitchInfo is queried at each light sweep, PortInfo's if ChangeBit is
set. Guess we are ok with it even now.

> LFT, MFT, SL2VL, VLArb, PKey queries
> and make sure no change from previous state. Or we could simply enforce
> last state by sending it over again ...

I think we could want to re-read PKey tables in order to preserve
existing PKey indices and just to flush (overwrite with new settings)
LFT, MFT, SL2VL, VLArb tables. Reasonable?

Sasha