[ofa-general] Question on IPoIB start xmit

Krishna Kumar2 krkumar2 at in.ibm.com
Wed Jul 25 03:33:23 PDT 2007

Hi all,

For batching, I modified ipoib_start_xmit() to send out multiple skbs, and
currently what
I do is to always send skbs in the same order it was sent from the ULP's.
Eg : if following
are the order of skbs sent from above:

Good skb1, Pathlookup skb2, Good skb3, Good skb4, Mcast send skb5, Good
skb6,
      Good skb7, Unicast arp send8, Good skb9

I make sure that xmits are done in the same order. Is there any issue in
sending out in
this order:

Pathlookup skb2, Mcast send skb5, Unicast arp send8, Good skb1, Good skb3,
      Good skb4, Good skb6, Good skb7, Good skb9

Or is there any requirement or logic that will break unless skbs are sent
in the same order
that it was received from ULP ?

Thanks,

- KK