[ofa-general] RE: OpenSM detection of duplicated GUIDs on loopback

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jul 25 10:44:39 PDT 2007

Hi Sasha

I am not following you.
Why do a user need to run -y if a simple legal cable connector is
plugged?
The issue is only if a "loop back" plug connecting a port to itself is
plugged.

Do users use these plugs? For what sake?

Eitan Zahavi
Senior Engineering Director, Software Architect
Mellanox Technologies LTD
Tel:+972-4-9097208
Fax:+972-4-9593245
P.O. Box 586 Yokneam 20692 ISRAEL