[ofa-general] ARP in IPoIB

Amar Mudrankit amar.mudrankit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 00:36:32 PDT 2007

Hello all,

    Being new to this group, following questions may sound a bit basic level
but I would be really very happy if somebody could help me out in those.

1] Does current implementation of IPoIB supports IP hosts spanning different
IB subnets? If so, how does it resolves the IP addresses(QPN+GID etc)
because how would the broadcast IP ( multicast IB) request would reach
different IB subnet as the router should have multicast routing
capabilities? Does it mean that the current IPoIB implementation is
supported for hosts within single IB subnet and not beyond that?

2] What is all-router multicast group(RFC-4391 section 10)? How does it help
in routing packet to a IP host present on different IB-subnet?

Thanks,

Regards,
Amar