[ofa-general] Re: IPoIB path caching

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jul 26 10:37:49 PDT 2007

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>> I believe a better solution is for everyone to use cached records, if
>> they exist, with a feedback mechanism from the CM that removes paths on
>> a connection failure or path migration event.
>
> Ack timeout on an RC QP is also a good indication we should redo the lookup.

Do you know if we get a specific event for this?  (I don't remember.)
Both the ib_cm and rdma_cm have interfaces that allow a user to report
events on a connection.  They are used for path migration today, but we
could easily extend them.

To minimize issues, I think we'll want some sort of feedback mechanism
in place before enabling caching by default.