[ofa-general] QoS RFC

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jul 26 10:53:01 PDT 2007

> But again, the administrator doesn't *have* to use all these.
> He can simply define sl2vl-tables, and then match service-id
> (in qos-match-rules) to a certain sl (in qos-levels).
> That's it.
> No MTU, rate, packet lifetime or any other low level data.
> Does the following file look better?

My take is that it's still too low level (GUIDs, SL to VL mappings,
service ID ranges) for a user interface.  The format may be fine as the
output of some graphical tool or an application that parses a simpler
interface file.  But for a human, I think we should strive for something
simpler (QoS for Dummies), even if we lose some flexibility with the
easier interface.  Unfortunately, I don't have any specific ideas at the
moment beyond 'easy'.