[ofa-general] RE: pkey.sim.tcl

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 26 21:56:54 PDT 2007

> On 09:26 Thu 26 Jul     , Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> >
> > I am happy you actually use the simulator.
> > Please provide more info regarding the failure. You should tar
> > compress the /tmp/ibmgtsim.XXXX of your run.
>
> I can send this for you if you want, but the failure is trivial.
No need if you already know where the bug is...

> Yes, and it is due (6), where default Pkey is removed
> "externally". I'm not sure that OpenSM should handle the case
> when pkey table is modified externally by something which is not SM.

For a few years it just worked fine. So I wonder why this fucntionality
was removed ?
It is a real BAD case where Pkeys are altered but I think would be wise
to "refresh" these tables on heavy seep.

In general it seems OpenSM has lost its "heavy sweep" concept. Now it
does not refresh the fabric setup even on heavy sweep.
This is assuming a "perfect" HW and software and I would really this we
should have preserved that capability.
Note that a "heavy sweep" does not happen unless somethng changed or
trapped.

Eitan

Eitan