[ofa-general] QoS RFC

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Jul 27 09:24:35 PDT 2007

> I think the RDMA CM needs two solutions, depending on which address
> family is used.  For IPv6, the existing interface is sufficient, and
> works for both IB and iWarp.  The RDMA CM only needs to include the TC
> and FL as part of its PR query.  For IPv4, to remain transport neutral,
> I think we should add an rdma_set_option() routine to specify the QoS
> field.  The RDMA CM would include the QoS field for PR query under this
> condition.
>
> For IB, this requires changes to the ib_sa to support the new PR
> extensions.  I don't think we gain anything having the RDMA CM include
> service IDs as part of the query.

I overlooked multicast in my reply.  Unfortunately, the QoS field was
not added to MCMemberRecord.  For multicast, IPv6 addresses would still
use the TC and FL provided by the user.  For IPv4, the RDMA CM will
either need to match the TC and FL of the IPoIB broadcast group or leave
these fields unspecified.