[ofa-general] Re: OpenSM detection of duplicated GUIDs on loopback

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Sat Jul 28 15:15:40 PDT 2007

On 14:27 Fri 27 Jul     , Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> The problem I have with back-to-back plug is that it is a fatal case if
> found in a case where there was no use of this plug.
> So we will  need some sort of user input if it is OK or not.

Ok, and let's add cl_qmap_count() check there.

> The case of moving a port in the middle of a sweep can be easily
> detected if instead of reporting an error a second
> check of the original DR where the same GUID was found is performed...

Do you mean to resend NodeInfo request to the original location?
Assuming so, I guess it should be instead of second heavy sweep, and
it is a good idea. The only small downside of this I can see is potential
timeouts (and discovery slowdown). But anyway it is much better then
fatal error. Thanks!

Sasha