[ofa-general] Re: I think that there is a resource leak in the core file mad_rmpp.c

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Jul 29 03:26:36 PDT 2007

Sean Hefty wrote:
>> I reviewed the file mad_rmpp.c and it seems that there is a leak of
>> the Address Handle.
>> The AH that is being created in the function "alloc_response_msg" is
>> never being destroyed.
>
> The AH is destroyed in ib_rmpp_send_handler().
I checked this issue again and I added the following prints:
  the AH handler which is being created in alloc_response_msg()
  the AH handler which is being destroyed in ib_rmpp_send_handler()

It seems that the AHs which are being created in alloc_response_msg()
(which is being called from
ack_ds_ack()) are not being destroyed because the rmpp_type of this
packet is
IB_MGMT_RMPP_TYPE_ACK, so the destroy AH is not being executed.

We saw this issue in our daily regression during the osmtest, here are
the reproduction instructions:

Start the openSM (during the following commands, the openSM needs to be
online)
execute: # osmtest -f c
execute: # osmtest -f a

during the test, the AHs which were mentioned above will be created.

thanks
Dotan