[ofa-general] Perfquery XmtWords, not XmtBytes...

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Jun 4 17:17:58 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 19:52, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> It appears that Perfquery (and the performance counter api's we are
> using for fountain/goanna) are reporting data in 32 bit (4-byte) *words*
> and not bytes.
>
> Can someone please clear up my confusion on this, and maybe correct the
> documentation as well?

It's consistent with what the IB spec says (IBA 1.2 vol 1 p.948) as to
how these quantities are counted. They are defined to be octets divided
by 4 so the choice is to display them the same as the actual quantity
(which is why they are named Data rather than Octets) or to multiply by
4 for Octets. The former choice was made.