[ofa-general] ibv_ud_pingpong error

G.O. gurhan.ozen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:39:26 PDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Jeffrey Wong <jwong at datallegro.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed OFED1.2-rc4 on the my development machine.  When I try to
> do a ping pong test I get the following error message:
>

> [ingres at centos5:master ~/jwong/tcp/ib_common_tcp]$ ibv_ud_pingpong
>
> libibverbs: Warning: RLIMIT_MEMLOCK is 32768 bytes.
>
>     This will severely limit memory registrations.
>
> Couldn't create QP

    Hi,
   If you are using bash shell do something like:

    ulimit -l unlimited

  to get rid of that limit and try again.  You can alternatively set
it to a large number.  Note that using ulimit only changes the limit
in the current shell, you'll have to edit system-wide configuration
file to make it permanent.

  Hope this helps.
  Gurhan