[ofa-general] IB and iWarp HCA in same node

Scott A. Friedman friedman at ucla.edu
Wed Jun 6 16:45:38 PDT 2007

I have a working IB cluster where I have added a Chelsio iWarp card to
one node. Another node is connected to that with only an identical iWarp
card. I cannot seem to get the iWarp cards to come up. They work through
regular ethernet just fineand the IB stuff still works as well. But,
when I modprobe iw_cxgb3 and iw_cm utilities like ibstat show the
following. Which explains why nothing is working.

Question is, why? Am I missing or forgetting something? I just want to
test the two iWarp cards back to back. Not trying to get some kind of
auto bridging or routing working.

# ibstat
iWARP RNIC 'cxgb3_0'
         iWARP RNIC type: cxgb3