[ofa-general] Re: ipoib / bonding and OFED

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Thu Jun 7 08:48:46 PDT 2007

> Thanks for the feedback. OFED 1.2 supports both options,
> however, I am
> don't think that two HA solutions should be deployed at commercial
> distributions. What is your take (bonding vs ha daemon) on
> the correct
> way to move fwd?

I don't know if I've said this in public, but I've stopped testing
ipoibtools HA as of OFED 1.2 rc2 and Cisco is only going to support
ib-bonding HA for our OFED 1.2 customers, as our testing has revealed
ib-bonding is more robust than ipoibtools.  I know I said this to
Tziporet at Sonoma, and she seemed to agree we could eventually remove
ipoibtools from OFED.

Scott