[ofa-general] RE: Limited number of multicasts groups that can be joined?

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Jun 8 13:26:18 PDT 2007

>> max_mcast_grp = 8192
>> max_mcast_qp_attach = 8
>> max_total_mcast_qp_attach = 65536
>
>OK I see the exact same thing here.  What exactly do these params mean?
>  Particularly max_mcast_qp_attach, is that the most QPs attached to one
>group for this device, or max groups a QP can attach to?

Maximum number of multicast groups supported by this HCA.
Shall be zero if this HCA does not support IBA unreliable multicast.

Maximum number of QPs which can be attached to multicast
groups for this HCA. Shall be zero if this HCA does not support
IBA unreliable multicast.

Maximum number of QPs per multicast group supported by
this HCA. Shall be zero if this HCA does not support IBA unreliable
multicast.

Given that I can only join 6 times, I'm guessing that I'm hitting into an issue
with max_mcast_qp_attach = 8.  (At least ipoib has joined multicast groups as
well.)