[ofa-general] [ANNOUNCE] libibverbs 1.1.1 released

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Jun 15 21:06:17 PDT 2007

I just tagged the 1.1.1 release of libibverbs and pushed it out to
my git tree on kernel.org:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/infiniband/libibverbs.git

(the name of the tag is libibverbs-1.1.1).

I've also copied a tarball to openfabrics.org, and it should appear
eventually in <http://www.openfabrics.org//downloads/>.

The sha1sum of the release is:

    eac666bf1080deef6e0d52810c83aa5611683828  libibverbs-1.1.1.tar.gz

The most significant change since libibverbs 1.1 is fixing the
initialization of new QPs' state to RESET.  Without this fix, there
will be problems using libmlx4 and ConnectX HCAs.  I also fixed an
annoying bug in the pingpong example programs that caused a crash at
the end of a run in ibv_free_device_list() if a device name other than
the first device present is specified.

The git shortlog since libibverbs 1.1 is:

Dotan Barak (1):
      ibv_devinfo: Decode max_vl_num to actual number

Jack Morgenstein (1):
      Initialize QP state to RESET

Michael S. Tsirkin (1):
      Don't warn root if RLIMIT_MEMLOCK is low

Roland Dreier (5):
      Update Debian build
      Trivial whitespace fixes in examples/
      Fix call to ibv_free_device_list() in pingpong examples
      Add wc_wmb()
      Roll libibverbs 1.1.1 release