[ofa-general] don't want to rebuild all rpm's from install.sh

Frank Leers Frank.Leers at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 19 17:00:14 PDT 2007

If I understand the Installation Guide doc correctly I should be able to
just install rpm's using the install.sh script without rebuilding the
rpm's.  I have built the rpm's successfully and installed them on a node
in my cluster via an NFS mount.  I'd now like to install the rest of my
nodes using './install.sh -c <> -net <>' but this results in a rebuild
of the rpm's all over again.

I'm obviously missing something here, although another section of the
doc mentions building once and then installing the resultant rpm's on
all other nodes via standard tools in parallel - 'pdsh ...rpm -ivd ...'

Can I rerun install.sh to simply install rpm's and configure ipoib etc.
on the rest of my nodes somehow without rebuilding?

thanks,

-frank