[ofa-general] backups

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Jun 21 09:50:35 PDT 2007

 > I'm backing up /data/pub/scm. A quick "du -chL" shows it to be 4.2G.
 > Perhaps I only need to backup a subset of /data/pub/scm? Thanks.

Looks like there is plenty of excess stuff there... eg
/data/pub/scm/~mst/linux-2.6 seems to be an partially unpacked
non-naked linux kernel repository (just picking on mst because
/data/pub/scm/~mst is 880M).  We could probably save a lot of space
just keeping on packed copy of Linus's repository and having all other
kernel trees use alternates to point to the objects there.

OTOH it's not work making people spend a lot of effort to clean up too
much, given how cheap disk space is.

 - R.