[ofa-general] Infiniband Problems

David Robb DavidRobb at comsci.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 13:05:15 PDT 2007

Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > Quite possibly, we are using an IBV_QPT_RC transport type. The code
>  > simply adds another work request with ibv_post_srq_recv(...) after
>  > each packet is processed. Am I correct in thinking it should start out
>  > with a stack of work requests in case another packet arrives before
>  > the current one has been processed?
>
> That seems a lot more sensible to me.
>
>  > Sorry, I meant to look up in my source code which call was failing but
>  > forgot to paste it into the question. Yes, I can map 2GB of memory but
>  > the call to ibv_create_qp() fails with REJ
>
> Not sure what you mean ... ibv_create_qp() just returns a pointer or
> NULL.  What does it mean to "fail with REJ?"

OK. I need to rerun this test tomorrow to determine exactly where and
how this test is failing. The end result is that the QP creation fails
with a REJ. From what I remember, I get a CM event  IB_CM_REJ_RECEIVED
and the remote node is not even aware that anything has tried to connect.
Thanks for staying with me on this one.