[ofa-general] Sharing userspace IB objects

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Jun 22 14:54:53 PDT 2007

 > Can you please elaborate a little bit more on what steps are required to
 > achieve this? I have a connection manager running as a separate process from
 > the apps which would be sending/receiving data on QPs. I was hoping to
 > create IB objects via CM and be made sharable to the apps.

You would have to do a lot of hacking of low-level stuff (libibverbs
and whatever userspace driver libraries you need) to handle passing
file descriptors through unix domain sockets and figure out a way to
make the CQ/QP buffers visible in the address space of the process
that will actually use them.  And also handle doorbell pages etc.

Is there any reason you can't use the CM that's in the kernel already?

 - R.