[ofa-general] Can't open HCA InfiniHost0 problem

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Jun 24 06:12:35 PDT 2007

Changer Van wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I got some errors when I performed lctl network up command,
> here are some log messages:
>
> … kernel: LustreError: 12355:0:(viblnd.c:1800:kibnal_startup()) Can't
> open HCA InfiniHost0: -256
>
> but my ib card's hca_id is InfiniHost_III_Ex0,
> how to config to look for the hca_id like InfiniHost_III_Ex0?
Which driver are you using (VAPI or OFED)?

I hope that the following info will be useful:

in OFED:
ibv_devinfo can give you the available HCAs in you host
in C: ib_register_client will call your handler for every IB device in host

in VAPI:
vstat can give you the available HCAs in you host
in C: EVAPI_list_hcas can give you the available HCA?s

thanks
Dotan